EPH Conference logo


Sustaining resilient and
healthy communities

Stockholm, Sweden
1 - 4 November 2017

Do I need a visa?


If you wish to attend the Stockholm 2017 conference, you may need a visa if you are a citizen of a non-EU country. 

A visa is a permit to travel to and stay in a country for a limited period. To be granted a visa, you need an invitation from conference organisation. You must show that you have enough money for your keep and for your home trip. You also need health insurance that covers the costs if you become ill during your visit to Sweden.

List of foreign citizens who require Visa for entry into Sweden

Please click here for the list.

Special agreement for certain countries

Special rules apply for citizens of Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia and Ukraine due to the Visa Facilitation Agreement concluded between these countries and the EU. More information about this agreement can be obtained from the embassies and consulates of the EU Member States in these countries.
From 28 March 2017 Georgian citizens with biometric passports will be able to travel without a visa to the Schengen Area, including all EU countries apart from the United Kingdom and Ireland.

For visa information on Sweden please visit the website of the Swedish Migration Agency.

I need a visa. How do I proceed?

You need to organise the following steps:

  1. Register for the conference and pay the registration fee.
  2. Book and pay for the hotel accommodation.
  3. Send the paid for invoices of your registration and the hotel booking with your request for an invitational letter to registration@ephconference.eu.
  4. With the invitational letter you contact the embassy where the visa can be requested.