Lunch symposium: Epidemic Intelligence - global lessons and how best to prepare for the next pandemic
Thursday 9 November, 12:50 – 13:50 (Dublin time)
Epidemic intelligence is the culmination of all activities required to facilitate early identification of potential health threats, their verification, assessment and investigation in order to recommend public health measures to control them. This session will focus on Conduent’s more than 20 years of lessons learned and how we help countries, jurisdictions and communities to develop their own uniquely configured, disease surveillance and public health monitoring systems.
Key learing points
- Subject matter expert introductions
- Preparedness essentials – business rules, workflows, decision support, questionnaires
- Creating a comprehensive data collection case management system and online resources
- Scalability and user configurable capabilities
- Standard disease modules for health monitoring
- Interoperability and public health platform
- Compliance reporting and data standards
- Data security in multiple jurisdictions
Round table discussion
- What have we learned from COVID and past pandemics?
- What challenges do we need to resolve before the next pandemic?
- What types of interoperability are necessary to be successful in reducing manual effort and increasing quality of data?
Dianna Lydiard, Conduent, United States
Overview of Maven Electronic Disease Surveillance System
Ron Tinsley, Conduent, United States
Overview of Maven and Social Health Determinants
Mark Marostica, Conduent, United States
Registration is not required. Delegates who are registered for the main EPH Conference can attend free of charge. Get your lunch in the Exhibiton / Catering Area, walk in and join the session.
1. Source: “What is epidemic intelligence, and how is it being improved in Europe?” Euro Surveill. 2006
2. About Conduent’s Public Health Solutions and Maven: Conduent’s Public Health team is a group of passionate public health, process, and technology experts who collaborate to develop the world’s leading disease surveillance and public health platform, Maven®. We are a multi-disciplinary team of public health professionals providing strategic services and technology for health equity and community health improvements who develop and deploy highly configurable solutions for countries, states and local agencies be better prepared to monitor the everyday health of their communities and respond more effectively to emerging health threats.