Lunch symposium: Life course immunisation - protecting public health
EPH Updates - Floris Barnhoorn - 8 Nov 2023 9:00 CET
Friday 10 November, CCD, Liffey Hall 2, 12:50 – 13:50. By adopting a life course approach to immunization, vaccination programs can be tailored to close immunity gaps at different stages of life. Promoting policies that support immunization across the life-course, rather than restricting it to childhood, has the potential to benefit individual and population health, promote healthy aging and support the long-term sustainability of health systems through reduced healthcare costs. Join us in the lunch symposium on Life course immunisation: protecting public health,. Grab your lunch and join the discussion. Our speakers will discuss how life course immunisation plays a significant role .in combatting infectious diseases and the impact this has on public health.
- Prof Bernard Mahon, Professor of Immunology and Cell Biology, Maynooth University, Maynooth, Co. Kildare, Ireland,
- Dr Ronan Glynn, EY Ireland Partner and Health Sector Lead, Ireland
- Maeve Eogan, Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, The Rotunda Hospital, Ireland. Honorary Clinical Associate Professor (RCSI)
- Peter Barrett,Consultant in Public Health Medicine, Ireland.
- Deb Mangone (Closing Remarks), Country Manager Pfizer Healthcare Ireland.
Organised by Pfizer Healthcare Ireland
Return to blog index