Abstract Mentor Programme
This year, EPH Conference and EUPHA introduce an Abstract Mentor Programme providing an opportunity for young and/or less experienced abstract submitters to receive feedback from experienced reviewers. The programme is especially targeted at researchers who have limited access to colleagues to ask for guidance and comments on their proposed abstracts.
The programme is completely independent of the abstract review and selection process. Experienced reviewers will act as mentors.
Mentors will provide one-time, anonymous feedback on the writing and format of an abstract. They are not asked to provide technical support on research methods, analysis, or the report of results. They do not correct spelling and grammar.
Abstract Mentor Programme Steps for Abstract Submitters:
- Prepare a draft abstract in accordance with the EPH Conference Abstract Submission Guidelines.
- Indicate tracks of your abstract (list available under “Guidelines”).
- Send your draft abstract for mentoring to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline to send your abstract for mentoring is: 1 April 2017.
- Mentors will send their feedback within two weeks.
- Deadline for online abstract submission is 1 May 2017.
- The mentor process is anonymous in that the author and mentor will not know who the other is.
- The draft abstract sent to the mentor must follow the abstract submission guidelines.
- The abstract author is allowed to send only one abstract for mentoring.
- Each abstract is allowed only one round of mentoring support.
- The administrator of the mentor programme will return draft abstracts to the author if they do not follow the submission guidelines without mentoring.
- Mentors will help the abstract authors by reviewing the writing and format. They are not asked to provide technical support on research methods, analysis, or the report of results.
- Mentors will not make suggestions via track changes and/or comments.
- Mentors cannot indicate if they think that the abstract is likely to be selected or not.
- Abstract authors soliciting mentoring assistance are requested not to submit the abstract via the online system before receiving the feedback from the mentors.
- Programme administration by EUPHA Office in co-operation with EUPHAnxt.