Pre-conference: How to build bridges between public health and primary care in Europe? A skill co-building pre-conference
Wednesday 20 November, 09:00 - 17:00, Room Callelongue Parterre
École des hautes études en santé publique (EHESP) Mission RESPIRE (Recherche en Soins Primaires Innovants et Renouvelés) in collaboration with EUPHA Sections Child and adolescent public health, Health services research, Health workforce research, EUPHAnxt and European Forum of Primary Care
Today, it is widely believed that the community health can be promoted by the integrated actions between public health and primary care sectors at the local level. Primary care services have a role in public health actions engaging local groups, registering populations, paying attention to local determinants of health and community needs and creating link for intersectoral approach. On the other side, public health, for clinical situations which require action on health determinant, can in return increase the effect of primary care in community wide.
However, the collaboration between these two sectors is challenging and some issues like personal skills, team work, skill mix initiatives, integration of social and medical care and new mode of payment are part of solutions to the new context. This approach should be evidence based and it requires specific process of training for the professionals of both sectors.
This skills co-building preconference aims to share experiences, findings and track solutions regarding the integration of public health and primary care through education and training of primary care and public health professionals in different countries.
The preconference is organised to be interactive, to mix experiences from the practice, the academic and the organizational side with a European perspective and mix alternatively plenaries and subgroup exchanges. Speakers will bring examples and ideas as material for sub-group discussions.
Participants are expected to attend the full day as to allow for preparing and taking home messages. The detailed programme and the list of speakers can be downloaded here.
Why should you attend to this preconference?
- To recognize education and training curriculum of primary care and public health professionals in different European countries
- To define existing education and training challenges
- To identify good practice examples on the integration of public health and primary care
- To give examples on different stakeholders’ roles on the integration of public health and primary care
- To recognize innovative examples on the integration of public health and primary care
- To build a network on the integration of public health and primary care
- It is expected that the proposed preconference will be able to create collaborations for future studies and activities with all the actors of primary health care at the European level.
Registration for this preconference is no longer possible, fully booked.